Tuesday, November 01, 2005

McSweeney's!

I think I'll start off my regular blogging by berating you with things I like. The first of these is McSweeney's. This is a quarterly magazine (a book really) full of short stories and things. It's edited by Dave Eggars, who wrote A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius and the mighty Short Short Stories out of the Guardian (it's now one of those cheap little penguin books -- buy it now). It's dead good, but what's better is the McSweeney's website, where they post a very short and often funny story every day. Here are some of my favourites. Please visit them!

Klingon Fairy Tales

Things Koala Bears Would Say

Bawdy Best Man Speeches (the last one is best.)

The Short Essay That Conquered The Planet

3 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Eric said...

I remember there being a list of things to fear about Canada on this site.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I should have got hockey hair when i got my hair cut... oh well... next time

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Richard said...

You should definitely do it next time you get a trim. Everyone should listen to Ice Hockey Hair by the Super Furry Animals. It's so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home