Monday, November 14, 2005

Paper!

Hoo! One day, a late night, lots of fruit and tea, and that's the first draft cranked out. (Well, there was a week of general preparing for it in my spare time, but there you go.) That's sixteen pages of TeX, people. And now my eyes hurt! (Though Optrex helped.)

The plan now? Well, tomorrow I won't have anything to do with it, for reasons of health. (I intend to read `How To Write Mathematics' by Krantz first. Not that I haven't written plenty of mathematics before, but I've never been in a research-paper headspace before.) I'm going to draft research statements instead. That'll be hilarious. Oh, and there's a lecture to give as well. Ah, fun!

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So which TV personality did Charlie compare to a Thundercat?

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Richard said...

It's David Dickinson of course!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Richard, I got B&S tickets.... got Annemarie to come too, although I just noticed that they're playing in Manch, so I don't know if she'll be too chuffed about that. Hope Stuart Murdoch won't be as mardy as he was in Osaka..

Woohoo, it's only 8.30pm and I've finished my planning for tomorrow!! Yay yipee!! Time for a cup of tea!!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Eric said...

did the steady diet of coke and doritos help with the paper writing?

I've decided to use that trick when writing the little thing known as the "Thesis".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home