Monday, January 16, 2006

Something About Topology

Given this blog's name it's unforgivable that I haven't actually talked about any proper topology yet, but given the evidence of people actually reading I don't think I'm going to start. Except to mention that I just listened to an online lecture on `Derived Algebraic Geometry' by boylike genius Jacob Lurie, who might just be the man to do all the cool stuff with elliptic cohomology that nobody else has managed. The lecture was cool.

I forgot to mention the thing that happened in Sheffield that has most affected me: This man told me that I look 'at least 30 years old'. I had the great pleasure of teaching him in Swansea. If Andrew's lurking around, he might recognise the man and be able to verify that he's quite annoying.

Well, I've been bumming at my parents' for two nights and tomorrow it's back to Edinburgh and back to the grindstone.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Stockholm!

The man in question is quite possibly the most annoying human being in existence. He has the voice of the devil and he's not afraid to use it. Constantly. Throughout other peoples lectures.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

u dont look 30

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Aah. Thanks guys.

Andrew, I agree with you. That was quick! Hope you're all settled and glad the viva went well.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

i'm not a stalker

richard,
i forgot to ask you your email address, (so that i can send you a couple of songs)

are you going to newcastle to see death cab for cutie?

nick cave edin tix got sold out...(i'm still indecisive about whether to go or not...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home