Friday, December 09, 2005

Survival

On wednesday I survived my viva, so it should only be a matter of time before I get some sort of certificate in the post. (Well, not before I make corrections and submit the fancy-bound copies.)

Then yesterday, my friends in the maths department treated me to a surprise party. This was amazing. Sunil claimed to have arranged a pub trip, and on the way there Otonyo insisted we take a slight detour to `drop his bag off' at his flat, where the rest of the motley retinue lay in wait in the living room! It was great. I especially liked the following things: The banner. The party food. The fancy salmon. The cake, with its wondrous icing. The gingerbread. Otonyo's hospitality. The evil cunning plottingness of it all. You people are the best! Thanks!

Photographs will follow. Watch this space! (It's the postgrad christmas party tonight, so maybe there'll also be pictures and news from that.)

6 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Wow, a surprise party!! You have such lovely friends! I love the cunningness of the dropping-the-bag-off. Very original!

See you soon in York!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

i love surprise parties...

a friend of mine gave her sister a surprise party too and i almost went there as well... but had to miss it...

is it sunny in edinburgh today?

richard,
do you like nick cave at all? i think i might like to go to edinburgh for a weekend when he has a gig there... (this is more to see edinburgh in winter than to see nick cave...)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Can i come too....

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Richard said...

You can see the pictures now! (I hope.) Digital cameras are great. I do like Nick Cave but I'm not really so familiar with all his stuff. When's he here?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

4 feb...on a Saturday...in a place called 'playhouse'...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Anneamarie wants me to see Beth Orton in Manchester... WY, you're going to the Leeds gig right?

Nice pics Rich. Like the blurry ones. I'll have to get taking more pictures as my Flickr is hopelessly out of date.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home