Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The calm before the storm ...

Well, the calm before the School of Mathematics Cheese and Wine Party. Funded by the staff (myself included, natch) for the benefit of the postgraduates and fourth year undergraduates, it sounds like a bloodbath in the making. The sole aim of everyone I've spoken to is to get violently plastered. I'm above that, of course. (In honesty, so shattered that a whiff of anything strong will probably knock me flat.)

So there's a faint buzz around the place, fuelled by the arrival of new updated photographs on the staff/students noticeboard. (Excellent for pointing out the people you hate, basically.) This means that even though the even doesn't start until 7:30 I'm doomed to not get anything useful done before then. Ach well. Resting is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home