Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Films and other stuff

First, let me apologise for the lack of recent posts.

I'm so sorry.

In the last few weeks I've been to see a few films: Brokeback Mountain, A Cock And Bull Story, and Hidden. It seems like everyone's seen Brokeback Mountain, and rightly so: it's very good, and so sad. I didn't cry though. AC&BS was a wee bit patchy, but enjoyable enough to merit seeing. The parts where Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon were let loose were especially good. The structure was far less interesting than I expected. Not that I think any film less scrambled than Memento is a shod of water-treading pap, just that AC&BS let itself down a wee bit. Finally, Hidden is this new French film about a couple who receive video tapes of their house in the post. It was really gripping the whole way through, and then ... Also, it had one of the ickiest moments I've seen since Jack got his nose sliced in Chinatown. A sizeable portion of the audience screamed. Honest.

Anyhow, there you go. If you people aren't careful then I'll start telling you about Joyce manifolds.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

HI Richard

I really wanted to see AC&BS but now you've put me off. I am however going to see Hidden... but everyone I know has seen it and I'm a bit scared to go alone (it's scary, isn't it?)

Our kitchen stinks of fish... whoever cooked it let it drip all into the bottom of the grill and hasn't even bothered to clean it. GRRR. Smelly fish.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you cold-blooded creature

 

Post a Comment

<< Home