Monday, February 06, 2006

Lunar Park


I've been reading Lunar Park, the newish novel by Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho etcetera. It's very odd: it's written in the first person and the main character is Ellis himself. As such it's presented as being like a memoir, except it quite obviously isn't. The first chapter or so was like an account of Ellis's life since he was a student up to the `present day', which is a weirdly but not implausibly nastier version of the real thing. Anyhow it just got very fantastic because after only 70 pages there's an evil furby. That's right, an evil furby. I can't wait to see what happens next.

In other non-news I start my number theory lectures tomorrow. I'll be telling the students about the Sieve of Eratosthenes and I will be loved for it! I've also been listening to the last track of Explosions in the Sky's album The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place. It's very cool and at some point I'll see if I can make it available to you lot.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

There was maths here. What happened?

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Richard said...

You've lost me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home