Thursday, May 04, 2006

Street Art


This is some pavement art from Princes Street in Edinburgh. It's by Julian Beever and the idea is that if you look at it from the correct angle then the picture pops out of the pavement at you.

A friend mentioned about there being a famous pavement artist about town on tuesday. The next day I walked right past this thing (which looks stretched out and weird) wondering what the hell it was but not paying any attention. Then later on I was reminded and realised what I'd missed. It's a little faint because people have been walking over it for a couple of days, but still very cool.

5 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is to let you know that because of your recommendation i am going to see the semifinalists in york, they're supporting a band called tilly and the wall, (and what's even better is i got free tix for this gig, yeah!!!)

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am listening to Morrisey´s "I will see you in far-off places"
and I svear this is Caty Prices´s last year contribution to the Eurovision song content with new text

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let this blog die.

put up a post!

Damn you

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny enough, i just read bits of Freakonomics yesterday, and just when I was starting to enjoy it (it made me rethink about a couple of things) I read some bad reviews about it... so I just dropped it...

Could you please read it soon and let me know if it's any good!!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Wanyu,

I plan to read it and probably will be quite sceptical about the `conclusions'. I'm no statistician, but I think I know enough to tell whether a 'conclusion' inferred from statistical results is bullshitty or not. So just read it, since you were enjoying it, and then when I've done I'll tell you whether it was all made up after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home