Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Proposition 2


After Andrew's recommendation of it I decided to go and see The Proposition. This is the Australian `western' written by Nick Cave (of good miserable music fame). It's like a blood-soaked revengey crime and punishment deal, with a Kurtzish enigmatic/intelligent/psychotic murderer hiding in the hills. It was very good, but also really horrible, perhaps the nastiest thing I've seen in a while (well, since Hidden).

Apart from that it's been work work work and preparation for a brief visit to the south (well, to the south of here). The MCC (that's maths and computing stuff) projects I set for the third year were finished yesterday, so for most of the week I've been inundated with queries. Not that this is a bad thing: all the people I saw wer very pleasant and had thought about stuff before visiting. Still, it's good to have a bit more time. Only two more weeks of lectures. Hoo!

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw Nick Cave's name I couldn't believe my eyes...

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get some of the danish contemporary films Elinborg is just getting one in her parcel that´s on the way, you should have a video night
Those are FANTASTIC!

dont let her bake the concrete cake
yours truly
ze Dagster

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Grr... stealing my content :-)

How did your talk go? Did you classify all 7-manifolds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home