Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lecture

I just gave a lecture. It was bad. I feel very disorganised at the moment and it's paying off as I manage to make an dog's dinner of my job. Argh! I'm preparing now for all the stuff to come. I'm resolved to get it all out of the way this week and then just sail through it for the rest of the semester. Is this wishful thinking? Probably. But I can only try.

I finished Lunar Park, which was quite good, and now I'm reading The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde which is really good fun so far. I'm also desperate to see some films but feel like there really isn't the time.

This was dull. I'll stop whingeing and get on!

6 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

For me the real benefit of preparation is the added confidence it gives you rather than any direct benefit. They can sense weakness you know.

p.s. Are you really getting a Mac? Well done!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger jennywren said...

Hmm, I seemed to be well prepared, but I just don't seem to be in the mood for teaching...

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about my dinner?

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rich,
i just want to tell you yes i have the little secret pamphlet! and i thought it was in all the copies!!

yeah!! i'm the lucky one!!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rich,
no harm done! i was thinking it was funny to post a comment just like that...(and messing up jens' space...) and i did laugh outloud after posting it, so that was great!

as for the subject of comedy... actually, some of the saddest scenes exist in comedies, and watching a truly great tragedy, sometimes one would find oneself laughing at some scenes..

so, it's not all laughs or all tears... got it? hope that explains why i feel ESOTSM is a comedy...

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Are you in York next weekend? I might be too~ And AM will be back too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home