Monday, May 15, 2006

57:12 ... cheeky cockney hobbit-chefs ... where's Toby?

Get me with my Need To Know-style elliptical titling.

57:12 So two sundays ago was the Edinburgh 10k run. Me and a friend took part and and we both did really well. I was worried about not making it without having to walk, so I was really pleased to manage any time less than an hour. It was good fun and we spent the rest of the day walking around looking very pleased with ourselves. And why not?

Hobbits
Had friends to stay this weekend. It's the first bit of real hostery I've done, and I think the visitors survived. It was great fun and (with lots of help, and modulo salad-related errors of scale) I managed a recipe from scooter-riding midget Jamie Oliver's book Jamie's Kitchen. It turned out well and I'll be trying more of the recipes in future.

Where's the Baileylord?
Went to Stockbridge with the visitors and totally failed to see Toby in any of the fine food shops we perused. I was disappointed since I imagine him to spend his entire weekend standing around in the best foodmerchants talking high-class shop with the proprietors. Turns out he was in Burgundy, as if we couldn't have guessed.

7 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Richard, your book is Jamie's Dinners, isn't it?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Richard said...

It's Jamie's Dinners, yeah, I got it wrong. Just didn't get chance to change what I wrote yet. They all look the same to me: rumpled manchild chef getting all excited about ripping up herbs.

Hawking, you couldn't cook if you tried. You would probably make quite a good hostess trolley though. Stick you in a pinny and screw a warming plate on the back. You'd look as pretty as a picture!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

rich
semifinalists were great fun--i'm really curious how you came to know about them?
we had a chat with the drummer and he was really funny and sweet!!

shall get the review done tonight and then think about what to go see next for free, haha..

but i have to see my supervisor now, ah, scary!!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger jennywren said...

Got Jamie's Dinners - can't wait to make the onion soup!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Richard said...

Wanyu, I bought the Semifinalists album after reading a good review of it. It's quite strange, tends to oscillate Rev/Lips-style dreamy stuff and poppy bits (and at one point sounds just like Teenage Dirtbag), but really impressive. How did they sound live?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger impermissible wanyĆ¼ said...

richard, i created a link from my blog and you can read my review through there.

Thanks again for introducing good music!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how's things?
you seem to be reading that middlesex book for quite a while now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home